Get to know Adam Stower, the amazing author and illustrator behind the Space Chase artwork!
Watch our video to find out where Adam’s love of books comes from, and to get a special sneak peek of his studio.
h2. All about Adam
- Adam’s first published illustration was a cartoon of a high jumper – it appeared in his school magazine when he was nine years old.
- As you can see from his brilliant Space Chase illustrations, Adam has a fantastic imagination! He particularly loves fantasy and adventure stories.
- Adam trained as an illustrator at university in Norwich and Brighton, and started off creating illustrations for other authors. You might recognise his work from books like Sing a Song of Bottoms! by Jeanne Willis and The Thornthwaite Inheritance by Gareth P Jones.
- Adam has written lots of his own books too, including Silly Doggy!, Troll and the Oliver, and King Coo, a laugh-out-loud funny series about a fearless girl with a beard. The latest book in the series is called King Coo – The Curse of the Mummy’s Gold.
- Sometimes Adam uses a computer to create his drawings, but he still mostly works with traditional methods like pens and pencils. If he could only choose three items to keep in his pencil case, Adam would pick his Pentel Brush Pen, a sharp 2B pencil, and a Lemon Sherbet (he has a sweet tooth!)
- Roald Dahl is one of Adam’s favourite authors. Adam says the characters in Dahl’s stories are “often wonderfully awful”, which we think is the perfect description!
- Adam is brilliant at events and has travelled all over the world sharing his love of illustration and storytelling. You might even see him at your local library this summer!
Copyright Adam Stowerwith thanks to Arena Illustration
h2. Adam’s Amazing Books Here are some of our favourite books Adam has written and illustrated. Why not choose some to count towards your Summer Reading Challenge target? Click on a book to find out more about it. Write a book review to share your thoughts!
Adam Stower, Adam Stower
The Summer Reading Challenge takes place in libraries across the UK every summer. Taking part is easy: just visit your local library to sign up, then collect rewards for reading over the holidays. Get down to your library to sign up for the Challenge and start your summer of reading fun! If you’re already a Space Chaser, visit the official Chat page and let everyone know you’re getting on. Keep visiting your library during the holidays to swap your books over and collect your next set of rewards! Back to the Reading Club