Show us how you’re making space for reading this summer!
Picture the scene:
You’ve been to the library and signed up for the Summer Reading Challenge (awesome!)
You’ve chosen some books and you’re ready to get reading (even better!)
Now, the question is: what does your space for reading look like?
Your space for reading can be anywhere you like: your favourite squishy sofa at the library, a cosy den you’ve made at home, or a hideaway out in the garden…
You can even make a space for reading on the go by listening to an audiobook in the car.
Whatever your style, we want to see how you’re making space for reading during the Summer Reading Challenge! This is your chance to get creative and win some stellar prizes.
Thanks to our friends at Peters we have four beanpods to give away! These space-tastic beanpods are so comfy, you’ll want to sit and read all day.
One lucky individual winner will receive a beanpod and a bundle of brilliant books, including titles from the Space Chase collection.
Libraries can join in the fun too! One library winner will receive a set of three beanpods to add to their reading space.
Sounds great! How do I enter?
To be in with a chance of winning, simply send us a photo of you making space for reading.
We want to see your reading dens and story corners, however big or small.
Let your personality shine through and share the special space where you love to read.
So plump up those cushions, set your fairy lights to sparkle, settle in and grab your camera – just don’t forget your books!
Remember to stay safe and get help from an adult if you need to.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you put ‘Space for Reading Competition’ in the subject line so we don’t miss it!
You can also enter online: if your parent or guardian is on social media, they can use the tag @readingagency and the hashtag #SpaceForReading to send us your pic.
Please make sure you have permission from your parent or guardian before you send us your entry.
This competition closes on Saturday 7 September 2019.
We can’t wait to see how you’re making space for reading!
Terms and conditions
1. The Promoter is The Reading Agency, which has its registered office at Free Word Centre, 60 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3GA
2. The Competition period will end at 11.59pm on Saturday 7 September 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
3. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason.
4. The Competition is open to children aged 12 and under on Saturday 7 September 2019, with the permission of their parent/guardian/carer.
5. Entrants must be residents of the United Kingdom.
6. Employees of The Reading Agency and Peters are ineligible to enter. Any such entries are invalid.
7. To enter the Competition, Entrants should submit a picture of their Reading Den to The Reading Agency. Entrants on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram must tag The Reading Agency in their submission using the tag
@ readingagency. Entrants must also include the hashtag #SpaceForReading in their submission. Alternatively, Entrants may send their submission via email to email@example.com with the subject line Space for Reading Competition. Entries submitted via email must also include the Entrant’s name.
8. There will be 1 Individual Winner and 1 Library Winner.
9. The Individual Winner will receive 1 space beanpod provided by Peters and a selection of books including titles from the Summer Reading Challenge collection. Peters will organise the delivery of the beanpod. The Reading Agency will organise the delivery of the books.
10. The Library Winner will receive 3 space beanpods. The prize will be delivered to one address only. Peters will organise the delivery of the prize.
11. The beanpods will be chosen at random from the four available designs. We are unable to guarantee the Winners will receive a specific design.
12. The Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. No cash alternative will be offered.
13. Winners will be chosen by a team of judges from The Reading Agency and our 2019 illustrator, Adam Stower.
14. The Winners will be notified via email or the social media platform through which the entry was submitted. Each Winner must claim their prize by providing a delivery address within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
15. Any contact information included in an entry will only be used if you are selected as a Winner. All Entrants’ data will be kept until the Winners have received their prizes. Within 30 days of the Winners being confirmed, the data will be destroyed. We will not use the information provided for any other purpose.
16. The Reading Agency shall not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by Qualifying Entrants/Winners in accordance with point 13 above, which results in the prize not being delivered.
17. We may use extracts from your entries on our websites and in our evaluation report.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice.
19. The Reading Agency’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
21. By entering the Competition, you accept these terms and conditions.