New Frontier Publishing want to wish you all a very merry Christmas.
To celebrate, this month we are releasing The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore illustrated by Helene Magisson. This classic poem is given new life with beautiful illustrations, just in time for the festive season.
While New Frontier love Helene’s artwork, they want to see yours too!
This winter, New Frontier want children aged 12 and under across the UK to enter our competition to draw their own version of Santa Claus, based on the description in the book (written below):
His eyes – how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard on his chin was as white as the snow;
The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a broad face and a little round belly
That shook when he laughed, like a bowful of jelly.
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself.
The winning entry will receive a fabulous bundle of 10 books, and 4 runners up will each receive a copy of The Night Before Christmas.
How to enter
The competition opens 9am Friday 8 November 2019 and closes 5pm Friday 6 December 2019.
Your parents/librarians or teachers can email photographs or scans of your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘The Night Before Christmas Competition’. Please include your name and age.
Or post your entry to:
New Frontier Publishing,
The Night Before Christmas Competition,
126 New King’s Road,
1. The competition period will start 9am Friday 8 November 2019 and finish 5pm Friday 6 December 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
2. To enter, entrants should send their entry to New Frontier Publishing, Uncommon, 126 New King’s Road, Fulham, London, SW6 4LZ or email it with your name, address and age to email@example.com with the subject line ‘The Night Before Christmas Competition.’
3. The Competition is open to children aged 12 and under. One entry per child.
4. The Competition is only open to entrants in the UK.
5. Any contact information will only be used if you are selected as a winner or runner up. All entrants data will be kept until the winner and runners up have received their prize and within 30 days of the winner and runners up being confirmed, the data will be destroyed.
6. There will be one winner and four runners up.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The Winner and runners up will be notified via email. If the winner or runners up cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
9. New Frontier Publishing shall not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by Qualifying Entrants/Winners, which results in the Prize not being delivered.
10. New Frontier Publishing’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. We are sorry but entries will not be returned.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England.
13. By entering the Competition, you accept these terms and conditions.