The Wild Before by Piers Torday
Hachette Children's Group - The Wild Before Map Competition
The Wild Before by Piers Torday
Can one hare alone change the world? The captivating animal adventure destined to be loved by readers of all ages.
One stormy, snowy night, a pure silver calf is born on an ordinary muddy farm by the light of the moon. This is the legendary Mooncalf, whose arrival has been foretold since the dawn of time.
According to a dream passed down from animal to animal, if the calf dies, a great Terribleness will come – rising seas, a plague, skies raining down fire, the end of all things… and Little Hare vows to persuade all the animals to protect Mooncalf, whatever the cost.
But it’s easier said than done, and soon Little Hare realises that he is the only one who can save the world…
A stunning prequel to the award-winning, bestselling The Last Wild trilogy, touching on timely themes of climate change, friendship, and above all, hope.
The Wild Before Map Competition
To celebrate the book being published, Hachette Children’s Group have an exciting competition where you can create a map of your nearest wild space!
Download and draw your map or draw on your own piece of paper. Please include your first name and a parent/carers contact email address. We will only contact them if you have been selected as a winner.
The winner will receive £100 worth of books from Hachette Children’s Group and a The Wild Before plantable bookmark.
How to enter
You can send us your answer using the ‘Submit an image’ options at the bottom of this page. Make sure you’re logged in to your profile first as we need to know how to contact you if you win.
Or you can send your drawing by email, to Kimberley.Sheehan@readingagency.org.uk.
Or by post, to
The Reading Agency,
Society of Authors,
24 Bedford Row,
The Wild Before Terms and Conditions
1. The competition period will start on 28th September 2021 and ends at midnight on 30th November 2021. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
2. To enter, entrants should send their entry to Kimberley Sheehan, The Reading Agency, Society of Authors, 24 Bedford Row, London, WC1R 4EH or email it with your name, address and age to Kimberley.Sheehan@readingagency.org.uk with the subject line ‘The Wild Before Map Competition’.
3. The Competition is open to children aged 13 and under on 30th November 2021.
4. The Competition is only open to entrants in the UK.
5. Any contact information will only be used if you are selected as a winner. All entrant’s data will be kept until the winner has received their prize and within 30 days of the winner being confirmed, the data will be destroyed.
6. There will be one winner. The winner will receive £100 worth of books from Hachette Children’s Group and a The Wild Before plantable bookmark.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The Winner will be notified via email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
9. Hachette Children’s Group shall not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by Qualifying Entrants/Winners in accordance with paragraph 8 above, which results in the Prize not being delivered.
10. Hachette Children’s Group’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. We are sorry but entries will not be returned.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England.
13. By entering the Competition, you accept these terms and conditions.