In a hotel full of sea monsters and secrets, seaing is believing!
Frankie Banister is back for a third adventure with all the gang at The Nothing to See Here Hotel. This time Frankie and family are preparing to celebrate Granddad Abraham’s 175th birthday, an even more HONKHUMPTIOUS occasion now that Abe’s ghost has showed up and revealed a secret UNDERWATER wing of the hotel!
But secrets and sea monsters lurk in the shadows, and something fishy is going on with Granddad Abraham’s ghost.
To celebrate the release of the latest book in The Nothing to See Here Hotel series, Simon and Schuster Children’s have a fantastic ‘Create A Creature’ competition.
If you enter you have a chance to win the complete set of the books and one lucky winner will get their creature professionally illustrated by Steven Lenton!
How to enter
Click this link to download the competition sheet and then get drawing!
You can send us photographs of your entry, just make sure your name and a contact email are sent with your entry.
You can send us your completed competition sheet by using the ‘Submit an image’ options at the bottom of this page. Make sure you’re logged in to your profile first as we need to know how to contact you if you win.
Or you can send your drawing by email, to Kimberley.Sheehan@readingagency.org.uk.
Or by post, to:
Create a Creature Competition
The Reading Agency
The Free Word Centre
60 Farringdon Road
The winner of the most creative Create a Creature Competition will win all three The Nothing to See Here Hotel books and their design professionally illustrated by Steven Lenton.
10 runners up will also get all three books in the series.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Nothing to see Here Hotel: Sea-ing is Believing ‘Create A Creature’ Competition
Competition Rules & Eligibility
1. This Competition is organised by SIMON & SCHUSTER (UK) LIMITED of 1st Floor, 222 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HB (“Promoter”). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or
amend the Competition or these Terms without notice at any time, including, without
limitation, in the event of an act of God or any other event outside of Promoter’s reasonable
control. The Promoter shall notify all entrants of any such cancellation or amendment.
2. The competition is open to all children aged 12 and under who are resident in the UK.
3. All children who visit any of the 100 participating libraries are eligible to win the Prizes (as defined below) which they will receive via the Promoter.
4. All children who do not visit a participating library may also enter. Such entrants are
eligible to win the prizes provided that they supply a parent or guardian’s name, email address and home address (on request) so that they may be contacted and prizes delivered directly.
5. Employees of Simon & Schuster UK or affiliated companies, immediate families or anyone
professionally associated with this Competition draw and their immediate families, are
excluded from entry.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if it has reasonable grounds to
believe the contestant is ineligible, has provided false information, has gained unfair
advantage, or has breached any of these terms and condition
7. To enter, entrants must create their own creature using the entry form included in
the Nothing to see Here Hotel: Sea-ing is Believing promotional packs or via a digital download from The Reading Agency website: https://readingagency.org.uk/resources/3428/
8. Entrants may enter individually or may be entered by a librarian (who enters on behalf of an
entire library of entrants). To be valid, an entry must be submitted by an entrant’s librarian from a participating library, or by that entrant’s parent or guardian.
9. The opening date for the competition is 00:01 am GMT 01 March 2019. The closing date for the competition is 11:59 pm GMT 16 May 2019 (“Closing Date”).
10. The winner will be chosen before by Steven Butler and Steven Lenton (“The Judges”)
creators of The Nothing to see Here Hotel series, from a longlist chosen by Daniel Fricker, Senior Marketing Executive for SIMON & SCHUSTER (UK).
11. Your Entry will be evaluated by The Judges according to what they deem to be the most
interesting, creative and original design. The odds of winning will depend on the skill and
talent of the entrant, as assessed by the Judges, and on the number of eligible entries
12. Only one entry per person is allowed. Entries must be original and not copied in whole or in
part from anyone else.
13. Entry to the competition is free. No purchase necessary.
14. Competition entries should be emailed to Kimberley Sheehan (email@example.com) with ‘Create a Creature Competition’ in the subject line, or sent to:
‘Create a Creature Competition’
The Reading Agency
The Free Word Centre
60 Farringdon Road
15. Competition entries should include your full name, age, parent or guardians email address, your library name and county.
16. We will not be able to return any of the competition entries.
17. No responsibility can be taken for entries lost or damaged in transit.
18. After selecting and notifying the winners, all competition entries will be securely deleted.
The Promoter will not store any personal information collected for the purpose of this
competition for longer than 3 months following the close of the competition.
We will only use this information in relation to the competition (including checking your
eligibility to enter it) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep
this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
19. The winner shall be notified via email by 13th June 2019 and must respond confirming the
prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of the date of the notification email from
Promoter. Upon acceptance by the winner, the prize will be sent to the winner. If a selected
winner does not confirm the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of the date of
the notification email from Promoter, Promoter may select another winner. Any winner that
is not qualified to enter the competition shall be disqualified. The Promoter is not liable for
any inability to contact any entrant due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact
details provided by an entrant on an entry form or due to technical problems preventing the
Promoter from obtaining accurate contact details, including, without limitation, any acts or
omissions by any third party service provider.
20. By submitting your entry form, you:
a. Consent to the Promoter using your personal data details for the purpose of fulfilling
this competition. All information will be held in accordance with the Promoter’s
b. consent to the Promoter publishing and/or disclosing your name, county and a copy
of your entry form if you win a prize;
c. hereby grant to Promoter a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual license to
feature any or all of the content submitted to the Promoter in any media for
publicity and marketing purposes, along with your image, likeness, voice or name.
21. One overall winner will be chosen from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing
date of the competition.
22. The overall winner will win their creature design professionally illustrated by Steven Lenton (illustrator of The Nothing to See Here Hotel series) and the complete set of The Nothing to see Here Hotel series (books 1, 2 and 3). (the “Professional Illustration and Prizes”).
23. There will also be ten runner’s up prizes consisting of the complete set of The Nothing to see Here Hotel series (books 1, 2 and 3).
24. The prize is non-transferable, no money alternative is available, and no part of the prize may
be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The prize not valid with other offers.
25. In all matters, the decision of The Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or
discussion shall be entered into.
26. The Promoter will notify the winners and distribute prizes via parents (as stated
above) by 13th June 2018.
27. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the
notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an
28. A contestant may only win one prize.
29. These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these
Terms will be governed by English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction
to determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
30. The winners name will be available no earlier than six weeks (unless otherwise stated) after
the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.
Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition, or to obtain the name of
the winner, please send an email to Daniel.Fricker@simonandschuster.co.uk with
“Create a Creature Competition ” in the subject heading.
31. The Promotor shall have no liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by an
entrant (or any person claiming under or through the entrant), whether the same are
suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same
arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, but Promotor does not
exclude liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Promotor
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c. Any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
32. No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict the
rights of that party, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual
terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach. If any
provision of these Terms is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full
force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced. None of these
Terms is intended to confer a benefit on, or to be enforceable by, any person other than the
entrant or Promotor.
33. By entering into this competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
(and by any other requirements or limitations set forth in promotional materials relating to
this competition) which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.