Design a SUPER Mask and win amazing prizes!
Being a superhero is the best thing ever, right? WRONG!
HELLO! My name is Pizazz and I’m a superhero…
You probably think that’s really AWESOME and while it can be, it’s also REEEEEEEAAALLLLY annoying.
Don’t believe me? Well, I have to wear the same outfit ALL THE TIME?! I’m always dashing off to save the world right in the middle of fun stuff. Plus I have to be the good guy even when I might not want to be. And sometimes I just want to be, well, normal.
You see, it’s not easy being SUPER …
“A SPECTACULAR superhero story that fizzes with fun on every page!” – Liz Pichon, bestselling author of the TOM GATES series.
Pizazz Super Mask Competition!
To celebrate the release of Pizazz’s third adventure, Pizazz vs Perfecto, Simon & Schuster Children’s Books are giving you the chance to win £1,000 worth of children’s books for your local library.
The lucky winner will also receive a full art kit and a complete set of the Pizazz series!
How to Enter
To enter, simply colour and cut out the superhero eye mask provided in the activity sheet below. Make sure to include a super name to the back of your design, it can be a hero or a baddie, and customise your mask to make it your very own.
There are a few accessories included on the sheet to get you started, but don’t stop there – create your own shapes and patterns and even add some text if you fancy! It’s all up to you – the more creative you are the better!
Once complete, you can either send your entries via post to the below address, or send a photo via email to ChildrensBooks@simonandschuster.co.uk with ‘Pizazz Super Mask Competition’ in the subject line.
Pizazz Super Mask Competition
Simon & Schuster Children’s Books
222 Gray’s Inn Road
Remember to include your name, age, address and a parent/guardian’s contact email address with your entry. Get your entries in before 11:59pm 24 July 2021
If you’re under 18 please ask your parents to enter for you.
1. This competition (“Competition”) is organised by SIMON & SCHUSTER (UK) LIMITED of 222 Gray’s Inn Road, London WCIX 8HB (“Promoter”). Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time, including, without limitation, in the event of an act of God or any other event outside of Promoter’s reasonable control. Promoter shall notify all entrants of any such cancellation or amendment.
2. Only one entry per person is permitted. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple accounts, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, or any technologies which permit multiple entries and any entries which are completed by third parties or in bulk, illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with or are incomplete.
3. Each entrant must be a resident of the United Kingdom and aged 7 or over and entrants below the age of 18 must have the permission of a parent or guardian to enter. Promoter may require proof that you are eligible to enter the competition and have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter. Employees of Promoter or affiliated companies, employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or affiliated companies, their immediate families or anyone professionally associated with this Competition or its administration and their immediate families, are excluded from entry.
4. Any entrants that do not meet the criteria to enter the Competition shall be disqualified. Promoter also reserves the right to remove any entries from the Competition it determines, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions or if the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
5. To enter, download the activity sheet from our website https://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/p/pizazz-superhero-day-competition. Complete the activity sheet for you to design a superhero mask. Send it to Pizazz Superhero Mask Competition, Simon & Schuster Children’s Books, 222 Gray’s Inn Road, London WCIX 8HB OR send a photograph of your entry via email to ChildrensBooks@simonandschuster.co.uk with ‘Pizazz Superhero Day Competition’ in the subject line. A printable activity sheet will be provided digitally for anyone to download, some physical activity sheets will be printed as part a library promotion. There is no charge to enter.
6. By submitting your entry form, you:
· Consent to the Promoter publishing your picture on the Promoter’s and affiliated companies’ and other third-party websites, on social media and all other platforms.
· Consent to the Promoter publishing and/or disclosing your name, county and a copy of your entry form if you win a prize;
· Hereby grant to Promoter a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual license to publish any or all of the content (including the entry and any photographs, although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize) submitted to the Promoter to edit, use, modify, copy, publish, display, promote, publicise and use in any and all media (including print, online and social media) for publicity, news and/or marketing purposes, along with your image, likeness and voice (where video or audio recording is provided).
7. The Promoter is not obliged to publish your picture or the content you submit.
8. The competition will be launched by the author, Sophy Henn, at a virtual school event on Superhero Day, 28 April 2021 (“Opening Date”).
9. The closing date for receipt of entries is 11.59 pm (London time) on 24 July 2021 (“Closing Date”). Entries submitted after the Closing Date will be invalid.
10. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries regardless of cause including but not limited to messages not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. Promoter cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online. Promoter will not accept proof of transmission or submission or any other evidence as proof of entry to the Competition.
11. One winner will be selected by Sophy Henn, the author of the Pizazz book series, under the supervision of an independent observer, from a shortlist chosen by Daniel Fricker. Entries will be evaluated according to the creativity of the superhero/baddie name, the creativity of the mask design (including using elements and material beyond the activity sheet) and the link between the name and overall mask design. The odds of winning will depend on the skill and talent of the entrant, as assessed by the Judges, and on the number of eligible entries received.
12. The Promoter’s selection is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
13. First place prize is £1,000 worth of S&S Children’s Books for the winners choice of library (school or public), a Mixed Media Art Set with Wooden Desktop Easel with Drawer & Palette and a complete set of the Pizazz books (Pizazz, Pizazz vs the New Kid and Pizazz vs Perfecto). There will also be 10 runners up who will win a complete set of the Pizazz books (Pizazz, Pizazz vs the New Kid and Pizazz vs Perfecto). These prizes will be received by 1st September 2021. The winners will be selected on or about the 9th August 2021. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
14. The winners shall be notified via email by Daniel Fricker (Daniel.Fricker@simonandschuster.co.uk) and must respond accepting the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the foregoing notification email from Promoter. If a selected winner does not confirm the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of the notification email being sent by Promoter, Promoter may select another winner. Any winner that is not qualified to enter the Competition shall be disqualified. Promoter will not accept any amended contact details provided after the competition entry has been summited. Promoter is not liable for any inability to contact any entrant whether due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by an entrant on an entry form or due to technical problems preventing Promoter from obtaining accurate contact details, including, without limitation, any acts or omissions by any third party service provider or for any other reason.
15. The prize is non-transferable, no money alternative is available, and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to claim the prize and the prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. The prize not valid with other offers. Prizes are subject to availability. Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
16. By entering the Competition all entrants:
· waive all moral rights in the entry and all content provided including the entry and the photographs; and
· undertake to Promoter that all such materials including the entry or any photographs are not and do not represent a breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify the Promotor for any loss, damage or liability which arises out of any breach of this clause; and
· assign to the Promoter all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry (but not the copyright in any photographs) and all associated materials.
17. For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are the property of Promoter and the same may be exploited at their absolute discretion.
18. Promotor shall have no liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by an entrant (or any person claiming under or through the entrant), in connection with this Competition, whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, but Promotor does not exclude liability for:
· death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Promotor
· fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
· any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
19. No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced. None of these Terms and Conditions are intended to confer a benefit on, or to be enforceable by, any person other than the entrant or Promotor.
20. These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Competition will be governed by English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Competition.
21. Any questions, comments or complaints about the Terms and Conditions, this Competition, or to obtain the name of the winner, please send an email to Daniel.Fricker@simonandschuster.co.uk with “UK Schools Superhero Day Competition” in the subject heading.
22. By entering into this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (and by any other requirements or limitations set forth in promotional materials relating to this competition) which may be amended or varied at any time by Promoter.
23. Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Promoter will send the surname and county of prize winners and, if applicable, copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails within one month after the closing date of the Competition.
24. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Promoter by emailing Daniel.Fricker@simonandschuster.co.uk. In such circumstances, Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
25. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.